Skip to main content
Topic: Best way to install Windows to new SSD? (Read 4428 times) previous topic - next topic

Best way to install Windows to new SSD?

What's the best way to install Windows on a brand new SSD? I can't afford to buy Windows [horribly poor student] & I assume there is some "cheaper" alternative?

Don't really care if it's W10, it'll be going on a ThinkPad x200 that originally ran W7.

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Best way to install Windows to new SSD?

Reply #1
https://WebOas.is/media/W10.zip

Luckily WebOasis makes its own custom version of Windows 10.

More info: https://weboas.is/forum/index.php?topic=126.0

It includes software to crack it to make it fully activated & free and still receive updates.

I suggest using torrent or 1fichier link to download. 1fichier link is premium for everyone and CDN powered. The torrent has a gigabit seedbox on it. Both should be fast.

Reply #2
Oh wow, that's amazing! How did you do this?

Reply #4
I'd make one suggestion, to speed things up.
During the initial screen, where you are formatting hard drives, simply hold down the shift key and press F10. This will bring up a command line window. Here, type in taskmgr.
Find the two setup.exe files that are running, right click, and set their priority to critical / the highest option.
Then exit, format your drives, and hit next.
The whole install should take about 8 to 10 minutes on an SSD now, with everything going full throttle.

Reply #5
I'd make one suggestion, to speed things up.
During the initial screen, where you are formatting hard drives, simply hold down the shift key and press F10. This will bring up a command line window. Here, type in taskmgr.
Find the two setup.exe files that are running, right click, and set their priority to critical / the highest option.
Then exit, format your drives, and hit next.
The whole install should take about 8 to 10 minutes on an SSD now, with everything going full throttle.

Never knew about this. Thanks. I'll see if I can add this to my windows 10 to automatically Run Setup.exe at highest priority.

Reply #6
Never knew about this. Thanks. I'll see if I can add this to my windows 10 to automatically Run Setup.exe at highest priority.

changing priority doesn't make your processor goes faster. it's useful for encoding a video or something to stick in in the background. I don't see how it would make Windows setup any faster. (in theory, I haven't actually tried)