Skip to main content
Topic: Watch PlayStation 5 Level-Load in Under a Second (Read 4300 times) previous topic - next topic

Watch PlayStation 5 Level-Load in Under a Second

Watch PlayStation 5 Level-Load in Under a Second

The demonstration shows a Spider-Man level loading in 8.1 seconds on a PS4 Pro, but in just 0.83 seconds on PlayStation 5 development hardware.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/368486/watch-playstation-5-level-load-in-under-a-second

Re: Watch PlayStation 5 Level-Load in Under a Second

Reply #1
That's nuts how quick it's progressing I remember witnessing the loading screen times after initial startup on PS3 being so quick my mind was blown.
I came across something interesting yesterday about the PS3.
ASCI Red a Supercomputer built in 1996 costing $55 million to build was surpassed in power in 2006 by the Playstation 3.

A little background of ASCI Red:

“The ASCI Red, the first product of the U.S. government’s Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative, was the world’s fastest supercomputer when it was introduced in 1996. It cost $55 million to develop and its one hundred cabinets occupied nearly 1,600 square feet of floor space (80 percent of a tennis court)…Designed for calculation-intensive tasks like simulating nuclear tests, ASCI Red was the first computer to score above one teraflop—one trillion floating point operations per second—on the standard benchmark test for computer speed.”