Skip to main content
Topic: I don't get it? (Read 2462 times) previous topic - next topic

I don't get it?

Admin I have watched you over the years create forums and chat systems but this one is the best out there so why is it so quiet now?
I know I'm in the UK but still, my questions don't get looked at for weeks, it's like there are only 4 people using this excellent forum.

If you need any help getting a few more people on here I can advertise you no probs at all

Is rocket chat really the client to go for these days?
I'm in the middle of my next mission to build a chat client out of rocket.chat and I hope I can make it look great so my friends in the UK go on to it and get off facebook
I tried it for 2 years with Jitsi and I hated it and the 8x8 devs are idiots.
I'm thinking of just integrating google meet into rocket.chat or something.

I have always been a freedom of speech guy and I got the VPS ready but I am just at the stage now where I am choosing what client to use.
I'd like to imitate facebook so people will be ok to use it but it's not the same for profiles and info about yourself or can that be done?
Is rocket.chat the best to use?
I know it's a live project so that's a start but I want to know what it can do like make it so people can put loads of info on their profiles and hand have an easy system to what they are used to on facebook.

On the admin side can you create such a thing?
That's why I have been asking about clones but it's not cheap