Skip to main content
Topic: Button for removing/hiding an ownership of a post/comment (Read 2583 times) previous topic - next topic

Button for removing/hiding an ownership of a post/comment

Hello to everyone . I think it will be better off to add a button which allows you to delete/remove your nickname in a post or a comment. Thus you will be able to post without a fear of legal consequences

Re: Button for removing/hiding an ownership of a post/comment

Reply #1
Quote from: talk? on May 04, 2020, 07:58:08 pm
Hello to everyone . I think it will be better off to add a button which allows you to delete/remove your nickname in a post or a comment. Thus you will be able to post without a fear of legal consequences
What are you gong to post that has you fearing legal consequences?

Correct me if I am wrong @Admin , but this website is hosted offshore and admin has a pretty laissez-faire attitude towards copyright infringement.

Re: Button for removing/hiding an ownership of a post/comment

Reply #2
The majority of the site doesn't log IP at all. Only 3 sections store any kind of data currently. Forum, Chat, Pastebin.

All IPs that are collected are wiped after 24 hours. Basically this allows us to protect users but also ban spammers/abusers.

Ideally you would register using a new email made from protonmail, tutanota, or ctemplar. Or use a throwaway email service like https://m.kuku.lu

Next you want to make sure the username you pick here is completely new and unique and never used before by you anywhere else.

If you do those 3 things, you will be the safest you could reasonably be.

If you are tin foil hat paranoid...then run Tails (a live linux distro that is based around TOR) while visiting WebOasis.