Skip to main content
Topic: Buffalo Multi-Gigabit 8 Port Business Switch (BS-MP2008) 2.5 / 5Gbps and 10Gbps (Read 3408 times) previous topic - next topic

Buffalo Multi-Gigabit 8 Port Business Switch (BS-MP2008) 2.5 / 5Gbps and 10Gbps

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Multi-Gigabit-Business-Switch-BS-MP2008/dp/B06XX4H997

$549.99 On Sale Right Now!

Anyone gonna consider upgrading their whole home network to 10gbit soon? Its getting more and more affordable. I may make the jump very soon myself.

Re: Buffalo Multi-Gigabit 8 Port Business Switch (BS-MP2008) 2.5 / 5Gbps and 10Gbps

Reply #1
is the best way still coaxial cable? i have tons of that. need the cards though

Re: Buffalo Multi-Gigabit 8 Port Business Switch (BS-MP2008) 2.5 / 5Gbps and 10Gbps

Reply #2
Quote from: Stern on March 20, 2019, 07:01:45 am
is the best way still coaxial cable? i have tons of that. need the cards though
Huh? Coaxial is what runs into your house into your cable modem. Your cable modem converts it then to Ethernet. This switch is for 10Gbit Ethernet home networking, not Coxial.

Reply #3
Quote from: Admin on March 20, 2019, 07:35:51 am
Huh? Coaxial is what runs into your house into your cable modem. Your cable modem converts it then to Ethernet. This switch is for 10Gbit Ethernet home networking, not Coxial.
I mean coaxial home networking. wouldn't that be faster? guess not. never worked with it personally

Reply #4
Quote from: Admin on March 19, 2019, 07:39:30 am
https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Multi-Gigabit-Business-Switch-BS-MP2008/dp/B06XX4H997

$549.99 On Sale Right Now!

Anyone gonna consider upgrading their whole home network to 10gbit soon? Its getting more and more affordable. I may make the jump very soon myself.
Holy shit, what do you need a 10G LAN for XD
Though, funnily enough a guy I used to work with recently had the pleasure of getting Aruba gear set up at his place. He's the family network admin, so he has fiber trunks with 1G LH SFPs in the Aruba gear running between his place and his other relative's houses (they all live in the same area). I should ask him what his plan for upgrading is.

Reply #5
Quote from: Hax on April 10, 2019, 12:57:13 pm
Holy shit, what do you need a 10G LAN for XD
Though, funnily enough a guy I used to work with recently had the pleasure of getting Aruba gear set up at his place. He's the family network admin, so he has fiber trunks with 1G LH SFPs in the Aruba gear running between his place and his other relative's houses (they all live in the same area). I should ask him what his plan for upgrading is.
My 10Gbit switch just showed up today actually. About to hook it up. I'm building a 10gbit NAS server so I want to be able to max out the speeds when I read or write files to my NAS.

Reply #6
Quote from: Admin on April 11, 2019, 06:55:51 am
My 10Gbit switch just showed up today actually. About to hook it up. I'm building a 10gbit NAS server so I want to be able to max out the speeds when I read or write files to my NAS.
That... sounds pretty awesome, actually. Mind posting some benchmarks when it's all up?

Reply #7
Gonna need to see some screenshots of a maxed out 10GB data transfer!