Skip to main content
Topic: Which background do you use? (Read 2624 times) previous topic - next topic

Which background do you use?

(Dunno if this is the correct subcategory, shift this topic if it isn't @Admin)

Re: Which background do you use?

Reply #1
I love the Matrix background. I remember having a screensaver similar to it 10 years ago. Classic!

Reply #2
I use the Circuit one. its my personal favorite.

Reply #4
I use the matrix one.  The circuit one is cool, and I might be tempted to use it if there were more connected nodes.  I understand that some are hesitant to use anything that might use resources, but it's not a problem for me, so I would enjoy the additional animation complexity.  All that said, I still enjoy the matrix one.

Reply #5
Quote from: OneAdventurer on April 11, 2019, 12:37:38 am
I use the matrix one.  The circuit one is cool, and I might be tempted to use it if there were more connected nodes.  I understand that some are hesitant to use anything that might use resources, but it's not a problem for me, so I would enjoy the additional animation complexity.  All that said, I still enjoy the matrix one.
That is issue with circuit one, I can make 1 minor tweak and it will add  tons more circuits, but the CPU usage also like doubles. I figured for most of our users, they probably don't have high end computers, so I should error on the side of caution and have it use few resources.

I was playing with # of circuits when we were originally implementing it and adding more really used more CPU which wasn't worth it to me.

here is code for circuits in case you want to modify it for your own local copy or something... https://weboas.is/js/canvas/circuits.js

Reply #6
Quote from: Admin on April 11, 2019, 07:09:28 am
That is issue with circuit one, I can make 1 minor tweak and it will add  tons more circuits, but the CPU usage also like doubles. I figured for most of our users, they probably don't have high end computers, so I should error on the side of caution and have it use few resources.

I was playing with # of circuits when we were originally implementing it and adding more really used more CPU which wasn't worth it to me.

here is code for circuits in case you want to modify it for your own local copy or something... https://weboas.is/js/canvas/circuits.js
An option that may be acceptable is providing both a low & high resource version.  Some may opt for the low settings, while others may opt for the more visual elements.  It would allow people to toggle between them to see whether or not the hit on their system was acceptable.  Just a thought.  Regardless, I think you've done a great job!

Reply #7
I use the 80's pink sunset background. Really like those colors and the style.

Reply #8
Hottdamn just tried that 10/10...... now if only admin could make the grid animated....  :3

Reply #9
Quote from: OneAdventurer on April 12, 2019, 09:40:25 am
An option that may be acceptable is providing both a low & high resource version.  Some may opt for the low settings, while others may opt for the more visual elements.  It would allow people to toggle between them to see whether or not the hit on their system was acceptable.  Just a thought.  Regardless, I think you've done a great job!
I've made two versions of the the Nodes animated background. The Nodes2x one has 2x the number of nodes and lines and therefore uses more resources.

Reply #10
Sunset is the permanent mood ... fuchsia energy!