Skip to main content
Topic: Podcast Recommendations (Read 2789 times) previous topic - next topic

Podcast Recommendations

Hey! Id though Id share some of my favorite podcast!
As at this point I am really paying Spotify for Podcasts as I've pretty much stopped listening to Music.
The podcast I tend to listen to are about history, tech, opinion, facts, and interviews.
So if you're interested in any of these topics, or simply want to listen to a podcast, you'll find something for you!

𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀

Since this podcast was mentioned and recommended in the chat it has honestly become my favorite Podcast and never miss an episode.
It basically covers the topic of cybersecurity and hackers. How hackers get in, How Companies try to protect themselves, When a company gets breached.
So I (as well as probably a lot of users in the chat and forum will tell you) highly recommend it if you are interested in Tech.
And it honestly open my eyes quite a bit in terms of security and privacy.

𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗿

So I found this after finding his YouTube Channel Fact Fiend (which I also recommend you watch) and binge watching a ton of his videos and he mentioned that he also had a podcast!
Which I found to basically be like his videos but longer and well just the audio. You really can't give a super detailed summery about his content as its more like a guy just talking about what random interesting things.
So for a video (and similarly to his podcast) he talks about an interesting fact/subject and, like a normal conversation, moves on to something else that gets mentioned in the video/podcast.
For example in one of his videos he starts talking about how much effort they put to making the Lego Movie and at the end he is talking about the most creative ways people have made penises.
But yeah like I said the podcast is basically like the videos. And oh yeah he also has a website FactFiend.com. So yeah I recommend it just in general.

𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘀 & 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

So these are two separate podcast but they are relatively similar so I decided to bundle them together for this one.
In general both are history type podcast and because they are made by Wondery, they use foley sound effects* and conversations that just really make you feel like your there.
American History Tellers is basically like an American History class in which they talk about important/interesting dates/events in America's history.
Everywhere from the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire to the Tulsa Race Massacre and all the way to the Bastard Brigade (all of which topics I recommend you listen to in this Podcast).
So for you History fans out there I highly recommend it! And American Innovations covers inventions and creations that have made a lasting impact.
From Chewing Gum and Coca-Cola to Airplanes and Organ Transplants (which I again recommend you listen to in this podcast).
It's honestly a really good way to discover how many things around us were created. Also Fun Fact about this podcast, after listening to the Chewing Gum series
I went out and bought a big box of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit.

*the reproduction of everyday sound effects that are added to films, videos, and other media in post-production to enhance audio quality.

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗻

This one again is a History type podcast that explores various topic and how they have slowly evolved to what they are now.
And really shows how much we have advanced and how the systems and things we have now (and often take for granted) took decades of improvement and work to get here.
From Money to Time. It's honestly one of the most densely packed shows with information.
I do have to say that this Podcast has ended but did continue on another one called Context, which I haven't really gotten really into.
But yeah I recommend this one as well!

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗝𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗮𝗻 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄

I really enjoy this podcast and has some amazing interviews covering a wide verity of subjects (depending on who they are interviewing).
So there is something for everyone! Some of my favorite episodes are Who Does Counterfeiting Really Hurt? Deep Undercover with a KGB Spy in America Part 1 Part 2.
But like I said there is a wide verity of content for everyone!

𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀

This is a relatively new show again from Wondery. And it also features all the foley sound effects.
It mainly focuses on telling the stories of some of the largest business we know now.
What changes did they face? How did they rise? How did they "fall"?
And I really enjoyed their Walt Disney series, but like I said its still new so there's only 3 series that they have so far as of this post Disney, Coca-Cola, and Uber.
But I still recommend it.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗿 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄

Now this one is one of those podcast that is recorded on YouTube and is available as a podcast, so you really have the choice to either listen to it or even watch it.
But this podcast talks about the ever changing world of Creators. Platforms, Creations, Interviews, and pretty much everything in between.
How some of your favorite creators raised or fell? What projects are creators working on? And just in general gives you an insight into the world of media creations.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗴𝘂𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁

This podcast is a very opinion-based podcast in which they cover a topic and bring in two people with opposing views and have them discuss their viewpoints and options on the topic (hence the name).
I like it simply because it does allow me to hear both sides of a topic and aren't just left with my own opinion and get to understand the other side viewpoint and opinion.
And these topics are usually trending at the time so it's very relevant. Covering usually controversial or dividing topics. Abortion, Minimum Wage, Cancel Culture, Student Debts, and much much more.

𝗦𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗡𝗼𝘄

Now I got into listening to this one after Darknet Diaries and having it recommended in the chat. And its very similar except this one covers the latest news in CyberSecurity.
So the latest breaches, viruses/malware, announcements, and tech. With my favorite segment being "what could go wrong" in which they talk about a recent announcement
or change made that well is potentially a huge security risk (if it hasn't already been used). It's a podcast but is also streamed live/recorded so again you can either listen to it
or watch it. And I will be the first to say that this podcast isn't really for everyone, as it tends to be pretty technical and long usually 2 hours long.
But again if you are interested in technology and cybersecurity I recommend it as well.

So yeah these are some of my favorite podcast and feel free to share your opinions on them or share your own favorites.
And if you listen to any of these feel free to share your views and opinions about them, Im always happy to discuss about them!

Re: Podcast Recommendations

Reply #2
https://ping.firewalls.com

Reply #4
The Hacker Mind
https://thehackermind.com

Reply #5
Crypto Podcast:
Exit Scam
A podcast series about the death and afterlife of Gerald Cotten.
https://www.exitscam.show/

Reply #6
https://swindledpodcast.com/
Swindled is an American true crime podcast written and hosted by an anonymous "concerned citizen", who has never revealed his identity. The scripted series explores the world of white-collar crime, political corruption, and corporate greed.

Reply #7
https://www.20k.org/episodes
A podcast revealing the stories behind the world's most recognizable and interesting sounds.

Reply #8
Quote from: ayylmao on August 28, 2021, 10:12:20 pm
https://swindledpodcast.com/
Swindled is an American true crime podcast written and hosted by an anonymous "concerned citizen", who has never revealed his identity. The scripted series explores the world of white-collar crime, political corruption, and corporate greed.
All Episodes + Bonus Episodes
(112)

https://mega.nz/folder/h8lkiSxK#DmFM0Qzl-AWc9qRnfUQbUQ

(113)
The Money Doctor (W. Neil Gallagher).mp3
https://mirrorace.org/m/36n4s