Skip to main content
Topic: January 4th 2022 - Sorry & Goodbye (Read 20199 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: January 4th 2022 - Sorry & Goodbye

Reply #30
Just a few days without Webby and I'm already feeling depressed without him.

I think my life will always be just a tad more boring once the servers expire.

Reply #31
Quote from: Dread Pirate Roberts on January 07, 2022, 06:39:08 am

step up dpr, be the next webby

Reply #32
I hope you didn't go through with it but if so, you will be missed webby.
I'll stick around for as long as the site is up, been using it for years now and it wouldn't be right to just let it go. Not yet.

Reply #33
Quote from: Dread Pirate Roberts on January 07, 2022, 06:39:08 am

Can you look into cloning this site on your own servers?

Reply #34
RIP dude!

Reply #35
Quote from: FieryBlake on January 07, 2022, 12:03:22 pm
The source he posted is the legit source. I have a copy saved locally, and will likely upload on say, a github.io spot or something.

Update:

RIP Webby.

This  is just a github pages implementation of it, but it works as far as I've been able to tell in my bit of testing. Let me know if there's problems.

Reply #36
Death is never proud...only resolved.  The most valuable...and the most dangerous...things in life are intangible; faith, hope, love...hate, despair, anguish.  Know this to be true so when you stand at the gate you will feel what is most important to you...
...you will never see it.

Stand before The One who can only love and never hate.

Reply #37
RIP Webby. 

WebOasis was the website that has saved me so many times. Everything at fingertips.
I will miss this place after the servers go down.

Reply #38
Quote from: Just_SKY on January 07, 2022, 11:14:34 pm
RIP Webby. 

WebOasis was the website that has saved me so many times. Everything at fingertips.
I will miss this place after the servers go down.

We all will. But barring any unforseen issues, I do have hit hosted on github.io pages. https://ndsamuelson.github.io/weboas-is/

There's a couple of link lists in the folder structure so I'll look at them and see if there were recent ones that needed to go on, and add them etc. But I don't intend to be making edits as a rule. I posted it because I refuse to let Webby's hard work and amazing curation of resources disappear into nothing. Enjoy.

Reply #39
Quote from: ndsamuelson on January 07, 2022, 04:15:03 pm
This  is just a github pages implementation of it, but it works as far as I've been able to tell in my bit of testing. Let me know if there's problems.
You would need to make one giant find&replace for https://weboas.is -> https://ndsamuelson.github.io/weboas-is to fix all backlinks

Reply #40
Please don't do something you can't take back without first exploring other options. I'm not sure what's available in your area, but if you really want to end your life, then you owe it to yourself first to reach out to whatever programs are available, be it a phone helpline, or group therapy. The latter can really help bring you to a better place in your life. You may feel frightened, but the desire for death is a desire for change. Please choose change first, because you won't be able to later if you choose death. I realize I have no idea whether you've exhausted your other options yet, but that's why I'm making these suggestions in the first place, to make sure I cover the bases.

Please, please don't kill yourself. I've been down that road, but I managed to find help, and I can honestly say it's bettered me. Please at least give therapy or group therapy a chance.

I'm not sure what gun violence has to do with this, but they are just another tool of death. Why make such permanent solutions easier? Try everything else first.

Reply #41
Quote from: RequiredName on January 08, 2022, 02:27:34 am
I'm not sure what gun violence has to do with this
Webby really likes guns. He is implying that he killed himself with a gun and does not want people to make this into another discussion about guns.

Reply #42
Man this is awful. Really hoping he didn't go through with it and is trying to get help instead.

If not, rest in peace and in the knowledge that so many of us enjoyed this amazing website and everything you did for it

Reply #43
Quote from: FieryBlake on January 07, 2022, 12:03:22 pm
That would be the easy part. For the full experience though, we'd need the domain name.

Best thing we could do for the domain is send in a fake court order to the domain registrar and pretend to be police, seizing the site, like the hackers that stole dark.fail did.

Quote from: ndsamuelson on January 07, 2022, 11:43:25 pm
We all will. But barring any unforseen issues, I do have hit hosted on github.io pages. https://ndsamuelson.github.io/weboas-is/

There's a couple of link lists in the folder structure so I'll look at them and see if there were recent ones that needed to go on, and add them etc. But I don't intend to be making edits as a rule. I posted it because I refuse to let Webby's hard work and amazing curation of resources disappear into nothing. Enjoy.
Good idea, but it's not the best solution since we can't host a forum or chatroom on it and some weboas.is services that require actual servers wouldn't work (like the pastebin for example)

Reply #44
Quote from: zebdo on January 07, 2022, 01:00:42 am
Fuck man, is anyone else feeling this hollowness?

admin was the bloke who knew it all and I feel like the whole shit-house world is worse off without him
I hope he is alive, could never even have a convo with him, just looking at his posts tells plenty;
an autistic hoarder with everyones best interest at heart

someone get a group going, cant just let weboasis fade away

edit:

isn't it cool how admin's site lived up to its name? i always loved coming back just to lurk looking at the cool shit everyone would post.
it is to be no longer, the oasis is drying up.

edit:edit:
a refugee discord; tasteless choice in service I know (don't curse me admin), but its accessible and was created at a moments notice
https://discord.gg/RjXgAu8SbH
I know how you feel, I've been feeling the same way recently.