Skip to main content
Topic: January 4th 2022 - Sorry & Goodbye (Read 20183 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: January 4th 2022 - Sorry & Goodbye

Reply #45
Goodbye my friend.
You will be missed.

Reply #46
I just want to point out - in case webby is still around:  there's absolutely no shame at all in coming back.  Open arms, all of us.

<3

Reply #47
Love you @Admin !!

Reply #48
Well, this is the shittiest news of 2022 so far.  Sad.  You will be missed immensely.  This is my favorite place to be on the net hands down.  If anything changes will be more than happy to see you back.

Reply #49
I hope you're alive @Admin . I'm not very active on here, but from what little I know of you, my hope is probably in vain.
Rest in Peace. You were great.

Reply #50
Is there a way for us to keep the oasis alive ? Maybe we could request the people hosting the website to give access to @Dread Pirate Roberts, so we could keep the site running, at least while waiting for Webby to come back... I have not lost hope

Reply #51
Quote from: Admin on January 05, 2022, 06:47:04 am
If you’re reading this, than its already too late. Life is a game that I can’t seem to win lately and I'm tired of losing. I know I'm not the first to feel this way. It's time for a new strategy. I just need to get away from this world forever. Clearly I’m not compatible. I'm sorry to my friends and family that will have to find me like this, but it's the only way forward. I’ve been at a low point in my life the past two months and don’t foresee it getting any better. In fact it seems to be spiraling out of control even more.

Also, don’t you dare blame this on guns. Someone determined to take their own life would find a way to do it one way or another.

Rest assured this is all taking place in my personal life and has nothing to do with WebOasis. I don’t keep IP logs and your data for the forum and chat will remain safe and encrypted until the server inevitably expires months from now at which point it will be wiped/destroyed. To quell any potential rumors, I want to repeat this is a personal matter and has nothing to do with the site or copyright mafia.

Thank you to the loyal users that made WebOasis great. I want to especially thank those that assisted me with posting content/links and making graphics for me. It helped immensely.

I’m a man of my word and will post the source code publicly. Maybe someone can continue my work. I’ll post everything except the forum and chat databases.

To the individual(s) in real life that are trying to ruin me, congratulations, you’ve won! You almost certainly won’t ever see this, but if you do…Now I no longer have to worry about you and you no longer have to worry about me. You’re welcome.

Goodbye <3 Webby

DOWNLOAD SOURCE:
https://mega.nz/file/oMliRaxC#Fb-7HAm4mn9HtdTCkMFZlalsIRfZTWFohn9bkqIV2dI
https://bayfiles.com/B72fi559x5/weboasis_zip
https://www.solidfiles.com/v/4YLKyzDxWLW4G
https://x0.at/u6lC.zip
You are stronger than me, all things must come to an end some day, and finding compatibility or a win in general on this fucking rock sure seems more out of the picture every day.

On to the next life sir, the grass is always greener on the other side, be well kind stranger, we will join you in time

😢🍻

Reply #52
Quote from: twitter on January 10, 2022, 03:24:17 am
I wouldn't trust my data with that shady character. He'd steal our passwords and pwn us all.
true you guys need to stop thinking DPR is the successor just because he tried to "claim the throne", DPR would be my last pick. Stoob is good but I don't think he'd want to shell money out on hosting. It would be really easy if we just ignored financials and found the best person willing to maintain, and then donated together so they would have the money to pay for the hosting and domains.

Reply #54
Quote from: twitter on January 11, 2022, 04:30:29 am
sys3
talks shit on Reddit
has no sympathy or empathy
spends all day online
still a loser.
nobody knows who you are, nobody cares who you are, go back to reddit you faggot loser

Reply #55
Quote from: Scarlet on January 08, 2022, 12:46:33 am
You would need to make one giant find&replace for https://weboas.is -> https://ndsamuelson.github.io/weboas-is to fix all backlinks
Yeah I will have to do that. I was holding off with the hope that it wouldn't be necessary. And  for the most part, everything works, just clicking the home link. Shouldn't be too time intensive :/

Quote from: Dread Pirate Roberts on January 08, 2022, 08:53:04 am
That would be the easy part. For the full experience though, we'd need the domain name.

Best thing we could do for the domain is send in a fake court order to the domain registrar and pretend to be police, seizing the site, like the hackers that stole dark.fail did.
Good idea, but it's not the best solution since we can't host a forum or chatroom on it and some weboas.is services that require actual servers wouldn't work (like the pastebin for example)
This is true, but my aim was mostly to ensure that the code was accessible should anyone choose to actually properly host it moving forward. I don't have the means to do so, but I DO have the means to toss it in a safe place , where at the very least we can pull it and move it elsewhere as needed. Also the gigantic excel sheet of all the links is included in there in the source files in case anyone gets bored and wants to clicky around the web. There's alot of them.

Reply #56
Quote from: Dread Pirate Roberts on January 08, 2022, 08:53:04 am
That would be the easy part. For the full experience though, we'd need the domain name.

Best thing we could do for the domain is send in a fake court order to the domain registrar and pretend to be police, seizing the site, like the hackers that stole dark.fail did.
Good idea, but it's not the best solution since we can't host a forum or chatroom on it and some weboas.is services that require actual servers wouldn't work (like the pastebin for example)
I would be disappointed in Flokinet for responding to this

Also, RIP Bob fkn Saget... Webby is in good company

Reply #58
RIP. His free vpn probably had the best security, I really believed he kept his words and always deleted the logs.

Also my second to last post was "admin is also dead, last posted something in september" which aged really poorly since he was probably busy with real life stuff.

Reply #59
Long time lurker here, R.I.P. You will be forever missed. Thank you for the work you did